While attending classes in the Park, all families will strictly adhere to the following safety measures:
• Masks or face guards must always be worn by ALL adults, no exceptions
• Maintain a distance of at least 6 ft between families
• No sharing of instruments and props
• Bring hand sanitizer to be used before and after class
• Bring blanket or beach towel to create a designated family area
If an individual or someone in your immediate family has the following health concerns on the morning of our class, YOU CANNOT ATTEND CLASS:
• Any signs of illness or confirmed Covid-19
• Known exposure to anyone with signs of illness or confirmed Covid-19
• A body temperature of 100 or above
• Has traveled to any of the states requiring a NYS quarantine within the last 14 days.
Your Shake rattle & Roll teacher reserves the right to send a child home if they are visibly sick.
If you are unable to attend a class due to the health reasons stated above, a class credit will be added to your account for future use.
Missed Classes and Make-Ups:
If any classes are missed, they can be made up during the current session. A limited number of make-up spots are available in each class. To attend a class as a make-up, the parent must notify Shake rattle & Roll in advance and receive permission. Parents are encouraged to notify their teacher in advance if they will be absent for an upcoming class so that more make-up slots will be available for other students.
Cancellations and Refunds:
Due to Covid, there will be no refunds. Cancellations for any reason, including the suspension of our outdoor sessions due to changes in the NY State regulations, will result in a credit for the remaining classes added to your account for future use.
In the case of an emergency, your Shake Rattle & Roll teacher or someone at the class will call 911. We do not have medical staff available, and cannot provide emergency or other medical treatment.
For the enjoyment of all parents, caregivers, and children, we ask that parents & caregivers follow our terms of class etiquette:
1) Please turn off your cell phones or set them to vibrate. If one needs to take an emergency call, he/she should step outside the class area with his/her child. Please don’t text or read texts during class. Please stay off Facebook and the internet while in class. It is impossible to simultaneously pay attention to what’s going on, the children, and one’s phone.
2) Please limit picture taking during class. Although lots of moms and dads want their spouse or nanny to send pictures to them during a class, it is hard for the caregiver to focus on the activities and distracting to the group, when she or he is taking pictures or video.
3) If a child becomes upset & is disrupting the class, parents/caregivers are advised to step outside the class area, comfort their child and return when their child feels better.
3) Talking among parents and/or caregivers during class is strongly discouraged so that they can focus on the child’s development. (Talking & building community is highly encouraged before or after class.)
4) Please arrive five minutes before the class begins.
1) Parents or attending caregivers should never do anything or have their children do anything that feels unsafe or physically uncomfortable
2) Parents or attending caregivers must supervise their children at all times or designate a trusted adult to supervise their children in their absence.
3) Parents or attending caregivers are not to leave their children unattended with their teacher for any reason.
Food & Drink:
It is recommended that parents feed their children before or after class, though they may step outside the class area if their child needs food during class.
Neither Shake Rattle & Roll nor the Park Recreation departments of the City/Village hosting classes is responsible for any personal belongings.
In the event of inclement weather, parents will be contacted with pertinent information via email, the Shake Rattle & Roll website, or a phone call.
Change of Information:
To protect the welfare and safety of all children, parents must notify their Shake Rattle & Roll teacher or business in writing of any change in address, telephone number, medical information, caregiver information, or emergency contact information.
Photo & Video Release:
Parent agrees to allow video and/or photos to be taken of their children and self or caregiver and gives permission for these to be used for teacher training or publicity purposes. No names will be used. To decline permission – send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shake, Rattle & Roll E-mail List:
By registering for Shake Rattle & Roll music classes, parents will automatically be added to the Shake Rattle & Roll e-mail list. Shake Rattle & Roll will never share your email for any reason.
If any child or caregiver creates a situation that in the sole discretion of your Shake Rattle & Roll teacher creates an unsafe or unprofessional environment, then your Shake Rattle & Roll teacher has the unilateral right to revoke the enrollment of the offending party. Should this extreme situation happen then the offending family will be issued a full refund for the unused portion of your enrollment fee minus $30.
The enrolling family understands that participation in these activities is at their own risk. We at Shake Rattle & Roll take all reasonable precautions to provide a safe environment. However, in the unlikely event that serious injury, illness, or even death occur, Shake Rattle & Roll, its teachers, the city or village where the event occurred, the makers and owners of all equipment and props used herein, and all other participants in these activities, will not be held at all responsible.
The enrolling family hereby relinquishes any liability whatsoever relating to their participation in these activities
Policies & Terms Agreement:
By registering for Shake Rattle & Roll classes, the enrolling family agrees to follow all policies and procedures stated above. Non-compliance with Shake Rattle & Roll’s policies and procedures may result in termination of enrollment. Shake Rattle & Roll has the right to update policies at any time.
If you need to know more about it please click here
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS RELEASE, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.