While attending classes in the Park, all families will strictly adhere to the following safety measures:
• Masks or face guards must always be worn by ALL adults, no exceptions
• Maintain a distance of at least 6 ft between families
• No sharing of instruments and props
• Bring hand sanitizer to be used before and after class
• Bring blanket or beach towel to create a designated family area
If an individual or someone in your immediate family has the following health concerns on the morning of our class, YOU CANNOT ATTEND CLASS:
• Any signs of illness or confirmed Covid-19
• Known exposure to anyone with signs of illness or confirmed Covid-19
• A body temperature of 100 or above
• Has traveled to any of the states requiring a NYS quarantine within the last 14 days.
Your Shake rattle & Roll teacher reserves the right to send a child home if they are visibly sick.
If you are unable to attend a class due to the health reasons stated above, a class credit will be added to your account for future use.
Missed Classes and Make-Ups:
If any classes are missed, they can be made up during the current session. A limited number of make-up spots are available in each class. To attend a class as a make-up, the parent must notify Shake rattle & Roll in advance and receive permission. Parents are encouraged to notify their teacher in advance if they will be absent for an upcoming class so that more make-up slots will be available for other students.
Cancellations and Refunds:
Due to Covid, there will be no refunds. Cancellations for any reason, including the suspension of our outdoor sessions due to changes in the NY State regulations, will result in a credit for the remaining classes added to your account for future use.
In the case of an emergency, your Shake Rattle & Roll teacher or someone at the class will call 911. We do not have medical staff available, and cannot provide emergency or other medical treatment.
For the enjoyment of all parents, caregivers, and children, we ask that parents & caregivers follow our terms of class etiquette:
1) Please turn off your cell phones or set them to vibrate. If one needs to take an emergency call, he/she should step outside the class area with his/her child. Please don’t text or read texts during class. Please stay off Facebook and the internet while in class. It is impossible to simultaneously pay attention to what’s going on, the children, and one’s phone.
2) Please limit picture taking during class. Although lots of moms and dads want their spouse or nanny to send pictures to them during a class, it is hard for the caregiver to focus on the activities and distracting to the group, when she or he is taking pictures or video.
3) If a child becomes upset & is disrupting the class, parents/caregivers are advised to step outside the class area, comfort their child and return when their child feels better.
3) Talking among parents and/or caregivers during class is strongly discouraged so that they can focus on the child’s development. (Talking & building community is highly encouraged before or after class.)
4) Please arrive five minutes before the class begins.
1) Parents or attending caregivers should never do anything or have their children do anything that feels unsafe or physically uncomfortable
2) Parents or attending caregivers must supervise their children at all times or designate a trusted adult to supervise their children in their absence.
3) Parents or attending caregivers are not to leave their children unattended with their teacher for any reason.